A warm welcome from us to you

Whānau looking to enrol their child can do so by:

School Code - 1860

Enter your personal email address

Follow the instructions on this site

ENROL privacy statement and usage

The information in ENROL is being shared with Stats NZ for the purposes of the schooling Equity Index, which enables us to better target school funding and resources.  Please see their Privacy Statement here

For further information from the Ministry of Education for parents and whānau on enrolling their child/children at school, please click here

Click the image below to be redirected to an interactive map of our school zone 

Omanu School Enrolment Zone

Please find attached copy of:

Out of Zone Enrolments

From time to time, we do have spaces for an Out of Zone (OOZ) enrolment which is done by ballot where needed.  Out of zone families can complete an online enrolment and choose OOZ when answering the zoning question.  We will be in touch closer to the requested start date to confirm if there is an OOZ space available.

International Students

We are not accredited to take International Students /Non residents of NZ.


We ask for all local families to pre-enrol 9 months in advance.  This helps us with our staffing plan, particularly for new entrant 5 year olds.  Pre-enrol using our online enrolment form with our school code 1860.


We need copies of birth certificates, immunisation information, passport and visa if coming from outside NZ. These can be uploaded on using the online enrolment process or brought in to the school office.


Upon your child's enrolment at Omanu School, you will have signed a form informing us of your permission for use of your child photographs, work, accessing of internet, etc. 

Transition visits for New Entrant 5 year olds 

These are each Friday morning from the start of the school day (8.55am) through until the end of morning interval (10.50).  We recommend two visits before your child starts and more if needed.

Declaration of residence

Families are required to bring a copy of a power bill to show proof of address when enrolling and signing a declaration form.  If renting, we also require a copy of your tenancy agreement to ensure you are living in our school zone for a permanent amount of time, not for a short time to gain a place at Omanu School.  Renting a bach or staying with a family friend/in a friend’s holiday home while looking for a place to live does not count as living permanently in zone.


He aroha whakatō he aroha puta mai

If kindness is sown then kindness you shall receive